Outbrain is seeking for highly motivated, self-reliant Data Engineer. If you're excited to work on cutting edge big data environment, if you’re eager to accommodate dynamic data infrastructure to meet always changing business needs, intrigued by making sense out of exceptionally large amounts of data - you should apply.
As with any Outbrain employee, we're looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, works well independently and as part of a team, and who will be passionate about what she or he does. For this position we are looking for a seasoned, enthusiastic data engineer with the ability of self-learning and delivering results.
We provide a casual, fast-paced culture that is built on top performance. Candidates should be energetic self-starters who can grasp the always changing complexity of the business and technology.
- Translate business needs to data solutions
- Implement, maintain and own the ETL processes
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Gather relevant data to conduct analysis, and make strategic recommendations
- Working with product, analysts, software engineers and help to plan the task from the beginning
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of work experience in high data volume environments (Big Data solutions)
- Experience using and/or managing relational and analytical databases and MPP systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with querying, analyzing datasets and statistical modeling. Experience using one or more of the following: Vertica, MySQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Familiarity in Python or Java
- Experience working with reporting tools (Tableau is an advantage)
- Fast learner - quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
Steve Strauss, The SelfEmployed.com & Senior Small Biz columnist, USA TODAY, took the Great Outbrain Challenge.Read On
We're looking for more great folks to join our team worldwide and if you're "Outbrainy," we want you.Apply now
Outbrain is happy to announce the acquisition of Visual Revenue, a union of content discovery and editorial decision support.Learn more