Outbrain is seeking an energetic and ambitious Sales Planner to support our growing sales team. You’ll be integral to the sales process, as you work on preparing the team for key client meetings through collateral creation, meeting coordination, RFP responses and strategic follow-up.
The ideal candidate is a curious and driven individual who is highly organized, with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for the digital marketing space.
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, begin to grasp the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal relationships, working closely with the sales team.
- After three months, you will be a pro at navigating our internal systems. You’ll prospect and research potential target clients, respond to RFPs, and maintain Salesforce.com data with ease. You’ll be comfortable supporting the team with tasks at all levels, whether it be customizing a sales presentation or helping to organize a fun and memorable client event.
- After six months, you’ll be the go-to for sales decks and prep materials, and will be sitting in on client meetings to see your work in action while learning the tricks of the trade from more senior sellers.
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the East Coast Sales team, having substantially contributed to the team’s market penetration with the key agencies in the region.
- As you move into your 2nd year, you will have growth opportunities on the sales team, marketing team or account strategy team, depending on your interests!
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ambition and a self-starter mentality. You’re ready to dive head first
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A strong passion for, and knowledge of, digital marketing and the digital landscape
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data to tell a story
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite: PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Winmo and/or Snagit!
- Agency/digital/media experience preferred