Outbrain is looking for a Senior Manager, Tax to manage the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns and estimated payments. This role will also focus on international income tax compliance, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax planning.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of all applicable tax accounting procedures, including tax provision calculation. Assure that methods and procedures developed will limit the Company's exposure in the event of an audit.
- Responsible for managing the preparation, review and timely filing of the consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns. Responsible for the preparation of more complex tax returns and tax technical supporting schedules.
- Oversee transfer pricing policies/compliance and monitor legal entity profit levels
- Manage external communications and relationships with tax advisors, external auditors, federal, state, local and other tax policy decision makers and enforcement officials
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate periodic tax deposits. Assures payments amounts are sufficient to avoid penalties and comply with all filing deadlines and adequately consider the financial position and operations of the Company.
- Ensure compliance with key internal controls of the tax function in support of the Company’s financial reporting process, the proper functionality of which play an important role in determining whether the Company’s overall internal controls are functioning effectively.
- Identify critical tax risks and issues, understand business, regulatory, and financial imperatives, and creatively develop and implement appropriate tax strategies aligned with Company’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of broad-based tax compliance/accounting experience, including public accounting experience and corporate tax experience
- Experience with Federal taxation, including consolidations and Form 1120
- Experience with transfer pricing policies and “outbound” international tax for US multinationals
- Proactive with experience streamlining and improving processes
- Ability to communicate technical issues and translate them the broader team in a clear and understandable fashion