Outbrain is the world’s leading content recommendation platform, operating at a very large scale, reaching over 500M unique users monthly and over 80% of the U.S. online population.
Outbrain technology and services are based on open source technologies, and are served from several data centers, at a scale of billions of requests a day. In order to meet the increasing challenges of this growing business, we continually work to improve the automation and monitoring capabilities, leveraging new technologies, and improve the development processes.
We are searching for a Production Engineer to play a crucial role in the “DevOps” landscape, working closely within development cycles, responsible for the production operational aspects of Outbrain’s services and new developments.
Who you are: A talented Linux system administrator with a strong development orientation and desire for constant improvement, with both the ability and passion to learn new technologies. This person would join us in our continuing effort to build high performance and high traffic environments. You are a great communicator, preferably with experience working in a globally distributed environment. You are independent and comfortable making decisions. You have proven production experience -- something we like to ask during interviews is “What have you broken lately, and how did you fix it?”
Who we are: Outbrain is great for a lot of reasons, but for someone like you it’s ideal because:
● We are a Learning Organization, one that requires proficiency with new technologies and discovering how they integrate with what we’re building in-house.
● This particular role is one that has a lot of visibility and impact throughout the organization.
● Our team and company culture are focused on the things that matter - constant learning, trust, personal development and success.
Desired Technical skills:
● Linux system administration experience and good familiarity with Linux shell scripting
● Experience working in a production environment
● Experience working with clouds API (AWS or GCP)
● Experience working with, configuring, and building tools for process automation and management
● Familiarity with open source tools (such as HAProxy, nginx, Chef)
● Familiarity with general web operations and web application architecture
● Network knowledge and experience in large scale networking environment is an advantage
● Familiarity with DNS management and CDN technologies is an advantage
● Familiarity with different types of data stores and enterprise systems (Cassandra, Memcached, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kibana) is an advantage
Desired Personal skills:
● Ability to work independently as well as within a team
● Ability to work in a global environment
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Steve Strauss, The SelfEmployed.com & Senior Small Biz columnist, USA TODAY, took the Great Outbrain Challenge.Read On
We're looking for more great folks to join our team worldwide and if you're "Outbrainy," we want you.Apply now
Outbrain is happy to announce the acquisition of Visual Revenue, a union of content discovery and editorial decision support.Learn more