Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, self starter sales manager to join our APAC operation as part of the Performance Marketing team in Sydney. Performance marketers are a key customer segment for Outbrain in APAC. Driven by Cost-Per-Acquisition goals, their marketing activity is centred around showing a demonstrable ROI per campaign, in the form of sales, leads and other high-value actions. Our clients are brands, affiliates agencies, performance agencies and start ups that have been successful in utilising Outbrain as a channel for reaching and acquiring new customers and sales.
The successful applicant will be able to fulfil the following tasks:
- Self-starter with strong outreach skills. Able to source new clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners.
- Source, pursue and close deals with performance buyers- able to be flexible to deal with the different types of performance marketer personalities (brands, agencies, affiliates etc).
- Prospect new business, make in-person presentations to clients, build relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Work closely with sales management to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals, as well as to identify emerging trends in the marketplace
- Working closely with clients to fully understand the goals and KPIs they wish to achieve and then ensuring Outbrain’s strategy and technical setup is aligned to these
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment
- 1-2 year’s experience of sales in the digital/online marketing industry
- Ability to proactively work with high profile clients independently and within a team environment
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to monitor, identify and present performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, motivated worker with ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to execute efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Web analytics experience (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Web Trends, Mediamind, Doubleclick, YouTube, etc.) – big advantage