Outbrain is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to lead and execute our global communications initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Global Marketing, you will play a key role building on our position as the leader in premium Native Advertising and Discovery.
Outbrain provides a casual and fun work culture that has a global flair. Candidates should be energetic self-starters who are strategic minded, but willing & able to roll-up their sleeves and be in the details. In this role, you will be part of a global team and work closely with regional marketing leads to develop and execute MarCom strategies that will increase sales leads and build our brand through thought leadership and a proactive communications strategy.
Global Communications / PR
- Work in an integrated capacity with the regional teams on all PR and communications initiatives and develop strategies and media assets for use across Global markets.
- Coordinate global PR plans and managing relationship with outside firms.
- Manage media training for all key executives
- Track and measure global PR
- Be the first point of contact on all inbound press inquiries
- Develop and maintain list of key media influencers, and build a plan around engaging with them.
- Write & edit press releases and manage responses.
- Manage social media
- Identify publications, forums, and events where Outbrain should have a share of voice.
- Build relationships with key senior stakeholders across the company
- Develop talking points for all executive speaking opportunities
- Create pieces in collaboration with the global marketing team.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ Year in Marketing Communications, preferably ar digital or ad-tech companies.
- Communicative: Your enthusiastic demeanor complements your strong communication and presentation skills. You are a strong writer and editor with the ability to avoid marketing jargon and deliver a clear strategic storyline, while accurately articulating our brand and assets both internally and externally.
- Proven: At least five years of experience in marketing communications with a background in AdTech, publishing, agency or the media sector. A track record of developing compelling marketing strategies and managing a budget.
- Knowledgeable: A solid understanding of digital technologies, media trends and the competitive landscape.
- Motivator: A team player with strong interpersonal skills that engage internal team members. An ability to interact proactively with sales, account management, business development and executive leadership does not go unnoticed.
- Logistical Master: Sees the big picture. When given an elaborate task, you approach it with a clinical precision and attention to detail.
- A Multi-tasker: As a juggler of tasks, you work quickly, prioritize effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible & Resourceful: Comfortable with uncertainty and able to move and adapt quickly.
- Tools & Systems: A whiz in PPT, Excel and have experience with GA, Silverpop and Salesforce (and if you don’t, you aren’t afraid to quickly master them).