Outbrain is hiring an Associate Technical Account Manager ready to play a key role in expanding our business. The Associate Technical Account Manager will optimize implementations and deployments, participate in the construction of new internal tools, and oversee the technical aspects of all our products. You will work with both internal and external parties to ensure that technical issues are handled quickly and appropriately.
The Associate Technical Account Manager will form a close partnership with our Account Managers, Product Management, Engineering and Sales Teams and will actively contribute to the ongoing success of our products. You will be challenged by complex technical problems and detailed customer configuration questions.
If you are interested in joining a group of accomplished, passionate people pushing the edge on technology and the media business; if you think content discovery is a key concept for the future of the Internet–then we want to talk to you.
As with any Outbrain employee, we’re looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, passionate about what she or he does and works well both independently and as a part of a team.
- Utilize Outbrain various platforms/tools and your frontend CSS, Java Script skills to ensure successful technical implementation of client requirements
- Facilitate integration process by providing technical assistance both to Account Managers and to clients (first-time and repeat alike)
- Diligently troubleshoot product issues
- Provide technical know-hows and best practices to ensure a proper implementation of Outbrain solutions
- Participate in various roles of internal tools development
- Perform ongoing QA of publisher sites and your work to ensure quality of recommendations and module UI
- Manage and track both internal and external case tickets to ensure their timely resolution
- Apply fundamental troubleshooting skills to issues before escalating to the appropriate group
- Provide feedback to Account Managers/Product Management, communicating technical use cases for new features and enhancements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical client services environment
- Basic knowledge with API and apps integration, implementation and utilization
- Basic knowledge of Internet technologies (including one back-end language such as PHP) and a demonstrated capacity to learn
- Ability to actively drive problems to resolution
- Sound decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to interact with clients, management and peers in an appropriate, professional manner
- Effective cross-department communication
- Ability to contribute to a fast speed collaborative team environment with a high degree of professionalism and skill
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues for external clients
- Bonus: backend scripting, databases and server-side programming (Node.js preferred)
- Bonus: Experience using CRM products
- Bonus: Knowledge of RSS Feeds
- Bonus: Proficiency in XPath(ing)/Regex(ing) content
- Bonus: Additional language competency (Spanish, Portuguese, etc)