Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst ready to make a difference in bringing insights and a broad need for data to the business. The Business Analytics team supports the global business on both the Amplify (brand and agency campaigns) as well as Engage (publisher). This is a unique opportunity to build a career in Business Analytics working in a dynamic global technology company and gain visibility of your work across all levels of management.
If you are excited to work on cutting-edge innovative analysis, and by making sense and bridging the gap between exceptionally large amounts of data, and Business Decisions – this is the right position.
For this role, we are committed to finding a data analysis expert, highly analytical but also passionate about Business issues and able to communicate findings clearly at any level of the Business.
You will be working as part of the Business Analysis team, and working very closely with business units such as Account Management, Sales, Business Development and Senior Management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Account Management teams to create and automate client-facing reports or account reviews
- Working on deeper insights and analysis to help decide next steps and course of action for both Amplify and Engage customers as well as our Business teams
- Conceptualising, building and automating internal facing dashboards and reports, reflecting the performance and activities of the business against its main KPIs
- Supporting the Management teams by providing business operations reports using various data sources including SalesForce.
- Working with our international BI teams in New York and Tel Aviv to share knowledge, data, insights and best practice.
Your first year should look like this:
-In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, data infrastructure and systems, and start getting experience on the role by supporting and shadowing other analysts.
-After three months, you will be comfortable with our data infrastructure and have a good knowledge of what piece of data is needed to answer each specific request, and how to access and package this data.
You will also start having a strong understanding of the Business and will be able to work independently on most day to day ad-hoc requests.
- After six months, you will be an expert on both the data and business sides of the role.
You will be a go-to person to help analyze Campaign or Business performance and will be owning longer-term projects to help define and give visibility on Business performance.
-When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the Business Analysis team, having substantially increased and improved the team’s output and processes.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5 years+ of professional experience as a data/business analyst with a familiarity with typical ‘tools of the trade’ in analysis and reporting.
- Strong SQL knowledge - Previous experience using SQL in a professional environment is a must
- Python essentials including Cronjob is a major plus
- Previous Tableau dashboard building is a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- An educational background in a quantitative/statistical field.
- Ambitious self-starter, able to and enjoys working independently and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well both with infrastructure and data teams, and business teams or management.
- Fast learner – ability to learn new technologies and business matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
Steve Strauss, The SelfEmployed.com & Senior Small Biz columnist, USA TODAY, took the Great Outbrain Challenge.Read On
We're looking for more great folks to join our team worldwide and if you're "Outbrainy," we want you.Apply now
Outbrain is happy to announce the acquisition of Visual Revenue, a union of content discovery and editorial decision support.Learn more